(*) Data for 2018 and 2017 have been restated excluding the rental activity in Italy, which was sold on 21 June 2018.
The variations presented below are at constant exchange rates.
2018 Quarter 3 activity
In Q3 2018, Haulotte Group’s consolidated sales were € 128.5 million, 25% up compared with the same period last year.
Cumulatively, sales amount to € 413.9 million against € 363.0 million at the end of September 2017, an increase of 17% between the two periods.
The European area continued the trend of previous periods and posted a +21% increase in sales, still driven by strong demand from major rental companies in most markets. In Asia-Pacific, sales continue to grow (+13%), mainly driven by China. The Latin American market recovery (excluding Argentina) observed in 2017,has continued up to the end of September, allowing the Group to post an increase in sales of +11%. In North America, cumulative sales increased by +9%, still driven, by the fast-growth of the aerial work platforms business (+20%).
Equipment sales increased by +20%. The services business grew by +5% while the rental business fell by -12%.
Outlook and recent events
Haulotte Group confirms its outlook for 2018 and expects to post revenue growth above 10%. The Group plans to maintain its current operating income.
On 9 October 2018, the Group increased its stake to 100% in the Turkish MEWP distributor Acarlar Makine.
2018 Annual Sales: February 12, 2019